Welcome to Mars Wright's Dorito Chip Workout! This no-equipment routine is designed to be adjustable for various skill levels, allowing you to modify the reps and time to suit your abilities. The goal is to challenge yourself and strive for improvement with each session. Whether you're a beginner or more advanced, this workout will help you build out your broad shoulders, back arms and abs to give you a natural dorito!
Perform 3-7 rounds of the following exercises, adjusting the reps and time as needed:
1. Front Plank: 15-60 seconds
2. Side Plank (both sides): 15-60 seconds
3. Optional Knees to Bar: 6-12 reps
4. Reverse Crunch: 15-25 reps
5. Push-up: 5-10 reps
6. Russian Twist: 7-20 reps
Remember to challenge yourself and aim for improvement with each session. Customize the workout to suit your fitness level and enjoy the benefits of this full-body routine. Read a further description of each exercise below ⬇️
Perform 3-7 rounds of the following exercises, adjusting the reps and time as needed. Remember to listen to your body and start with a comfortable level that suits your fitness level. Over time, aim to increase the intensity and duration of each exercise.
1. Front Plank: (15-60 seconds)
- Assume a push-up position, but rest your forearms on the ground, elbows beneath your shoulders.
- Keep your body straight from head to toe, engaging your core and glutes.
- Hold the position for 15-60 seconds, focusing on maintaining proper form.
2. Side Plank: (15-60 seconds on each side)
- Lie on your side with your legs extended, propped up on one forearm.
- Stack your shoulders, hips, and feet, forming a straight line.
- Engage your core and lift your hips off the ground, maintaining stability.
- Hold the position for 15-60 seconds on each side, then switch to the other side.
3. Optional Knees to Bar: (6-12 reps)
- If you have access to a pull-up bar, hang from it with an overhand grip, arms fully extended.
- Engage your core and lift your knees toward your chest, aiming to touch the bar with your knees.
- Perform 6-12 controlled repetitions, focusing on the contraction of your abdominal muscles.
4. Reverse Crunch: (15-25 reps)
- Lie on your back with your arms by your sides and your legs bent, feet flat on the ground.
- Engage your core and lift your hips off the ground, bringing your knees toward your chest.
- Slowly lower your hips back down, extending your legs without touching the ground.
- Perform 15-25 repetitions, maintaining control throughout the movement.
5. Push-up: (5-10 reps)
- Start in a high plank position, hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart, arms fully extended.
- Lower your body toward the ground by bending your elbows, keeping your core engaged.
- Push back up to the starting position, extending your arms.
- Perform 5-10 repetitions, focusing on maintaining proper form and engaging your chest and triceps.
6. Russian Twist: (7-20 reps)
- Sit on the ground with your knees bent and feet lifted, balancing on your sit bones.
- Lean back slightly and engage your core.
- Twist your torso to the right, touching the ground with your fingertips.
- Return to the center and twist to the left, touching the ground with your fingertips.
- Each twist from right to left counts as one repetition.
- Perform 7-20 controlled repetitions, feeling the engagement in your oblique muscles.